Closing the book: people who had broken away from Facebook

Facebook has perhaps over 800 million users, but apparently not missing those who choose to disconnect from it. Why they do it?

"I saw that it had no manual, it did have anything in life. I realized that I can communicate with others is indicated by e-mail. In addition, accumulated a lot of information I had been exposed," says Guy Krieger (26), a student who left the network last year Facebook, which had about 200 members.
Krieger says he does not feel the absence of Facebook, even though most of whose members lead lives of social networking. Like Kruger, bored with the social network, there are many Israelis who support a new survey by research firm Gartner, suggesting that a significant percentage of young people do not find it in social networks.
Gartner's survey, published last August, included 6295 respondents of 13-74 from developing countries (eg Brazil) and developed countries (U.S. UK). Participants were asked about their opinions and habits of their use of social networks. 31% of young consumers, mobile and technology-oriented, reported that They become bored with social networking. Gartner analysts examined the extent of the enthusiasm of browsing various social media sites. 24% of survey participants indicated that they use their primary social network "somewhat less" or "much less" than when they started to use it.
Except boredom, another reason to depreciation surfing the social networks is privacy. 33% of users admitted that they are concerned about privacy in social media. Entry of commercial social networks, as well as policy changes regarding the transfer of Customer Information to third parties that perform networks like Facebook, are already having and users voting with their feet.
However, the report from research firm comScore found that Israel is the world leader in using social networks. The company has released a special report in December deals Vathazkotn of social networks, which revealed the following figure: measured by number of hours the average surfer social networks, with leading Israeli average of 11.1 hours surfing a month - twice the global average, which is 5.7 hours.

Believe in direct communication

There are groups on Facebook calling out Facebook (Photo: The Official Website)

"Since I closed the account I'm sending more letters" (Photo: ShutterStock)
But not all Israelis are willing to devote precious hours social network. Wolf Fiigis, an Israeli architect who lives in London, left Facebook in 2008. "I joined Facebook because it was a good way to keep in touch with the people in Israel. Over time it has become something that needs more and more time. I found myself looking for people I knew and wrote on the walls of people, even in the middle of the night. I decided that it takes too much time, and I tried I am addicted to convince friends to join me and leave. I started a group called 'leave Facebook, one of hundreds, "he says.
Fiigis does not believe that the bonds of social network ties came at the expense of "real world". "We talk on the phone, send email, send SMS and write poems to each other." He says the media through the channel of Facebook is just one of many means for communication, and is "only increased through the use of Facebook applications."
Natasha also is the Facebook. "I had a Facebook account in 2008, and closed it two years later. I had a thousand friends," she says. "The main reason why I decided to close the account is that I really believe in direct communication, and friendship on Facebook did not add to the quality of my social life. I often felt that the" friends "in my not know me, except that we corresponded a few times. People are impressed before your business cards, your profile picture, and based on the image decide if you interested or not.
"Since I closed the account I sent more letters and postcards. I like to feel the thoughts and feelings I was up on top, smiling to myself, putting the card in the mailbox of my friends and then going out on you. I listen to them and really know them, because people are composed of all bits and pieces - no one seemed to be late. No matter what card he will update Facebook, do not really know him until you meet him and deepen the relationship with him face to face, "she says.
"I definitely think that the connections are virtual connections at the expense of everyday life, instead of meeting face to face, to sit next to each other, feel the person, to hear his voice and see his facial expressions, send a message or raise their status.
"On the other hand, there is no doubt that Facebook is a tool for knowledge and of course marketing and PR tool great," agrees Adam. "Every time I get comments about me, how could it be that I'm not on Facebook? How to meet people? How can you work in the field and you do not have Facebook. "

Stop the network, I want to get off

Lecturer and expert in social media marketing, social network reliability makes heavy addicts blur between the physical world, the real, the virtual world. "I recognize the authors of statuses a lot of surfers who are in relationships, and Facebook as part of their social scene significantly. Many times they advertise their status with: 'I'm cold, I'm alone' or 'Not in the mood Well, lucky to have you dear friends and my favorite. they really believe and feel that their virtual friends are there for them all the time. The feeling is the projection of positive relationships based primarily on the words of flattery, words of encouragement and support, "she says.
Already encountered surfers who decided to close their account of the social network. "There are abandoned because of disagreement certain content raised by sliding. Say you're used to receiving only positive responses, and published a post he had received negative responses, including teasing. You begin to feel who do not like you online. Quite a few users I knew had experienced a negative chain reaction that led them to sober up and understand that this is not the real world, and that has to deal and argue you might as well do it face to face with real friends and not with a virtual entity.
"There are of course the people, myself included, who feel that many times it is not capable of more. Stop the network, I want to get off. Addicted to the network who know the feeling, know also that everything begins and ends with the level of threat - we do not really want, and perhaps can not , quit the scene narcissistic built us out of nothing. If you've grown used to a lot of Likes and comments, and Customer departments encourage you and write you how they like to call you and await your current level, you begin to develop a set of expectations is very demanding of yourself. And of course accompanied by a great fear of the moment, what would be not to write anything a few days, would fade away? forget me? '.
"This gives the feeling that you have to constantly deliver content to maintain your position as a leader in public opinion on the network. When D Blake is the estimate for determining self-worth, begins to seep slowly the feeling of disgust and an inner voice whispers to you: 'I want to leave Facebook, I'm tired of Make Up myself anew each status, I'm retiring, '"she explains. "Some people exhausted and abandoned but eventually returned to the network, and they survive the network only if Facebook ceases to be for them an existential proof of how they are perceived as wise, admired and successful in the eyes of others".

Credit: Walla