IPhone, thief and matchmaking website Trap

Nadav Nirenberg forgot his iPhone, and it immediately stolen. Resourcefulness helped him find the thief on dating and setting him up
"I'm a little excited because my hair is longer than in the picture, I hope you do not mind if I look a little different," wrote Jennifer to SamIAmnt dating site OK Cupid. He told her profile picture is not his but that of a friend. She waved to him when he asked for her phone that "ha ha, who is now on the phone?", They agreed to meet her.
When he reached the building, Jennifer was surprised to find instead a nervous guy with a $ 20 bill in one hand and a hammer in the other. He gave the man the cell phone, took the note and took off from there, all within no more than 15 seconds. Sounds like a classic scam, but good guys and bad guys here are the opposite of what was expected.

Thief and courted?

Just wanted the iPhone to his back. Nadav Nirenberg
Nadav Nirenberg, trombonist and Sozafon New York, got a taxi on New Year's Day, then discovered he had forgotten her own iPhone. He quickly called the number, but the phone was switched off. Even non-mails sent to the device, and which offered a prize race, were not answered. Nuremberg between the device fell into the hands of a crooked man, and he lost.
The next morning found the situation even worse, "I went and saw Notifiktziot email from OK Cupid reports received replies - that I sent," he said in an interview Nuremberg Walla! TECH. It was a declaration of war.
"I created an account E - mail fabricated and semi-trustworthy profile Ok Cupid. Called myself a 'Jennifer Gonzalez - 24-year-old woman who had just moved to Brooklyn and looking for a man to take her out," he wrote in a blog. "I sent a message to the thief (my profile) and chat with him as Jennifer ... strange."
Gonzalez told her profile that she was "looking for a man to show me the town a bit. Let's start from meeting in a bar!", What she does in her life? "Waiting for you?", The first thing people noticed about her? "... My ass?", She spends a lot of time thinking about "trying to restaurants, bars check other things I'd better not write online (;". Nuremberg fabricated Hispanic girl that wanted to appeal directly to the liking of the thief, the other women were approached them Hispanic. trap worked.


Not a dangerous criminal, only incompetent

Waiting for a thief with a hammer and a $ 20 bill. Nadav Nirenberg
"A few hours later he was on the way to Jennifer's apartment, relaxing Wine and recreation. Which lucky night for him!" Wrote trials. He said the thief the apartment number, and watched him through the peephole to see if it is a threat. When the thief through the door, Nuremberg opened it and went out.

- Were not you afraid that he will attack you?

"I started with a peace offering (twenty dollars) to show that I did not mean to hurt him. Goal was to reduce the chance that he will feel threatened immediately and erupt on me in some way."
However, Nuremberg was also the escalation: "I held a hammer by my side for intimidation / protection., My partner was inside the apartment locked our readiness to call the police, and for a healthy body was informed well about the situation. Just to be clear: I was nervous and I was going to avoid violence in all price ". Additional safeguards court was told the thief: "The police generally".
That was enough. The thief took the money, gave him the phone and walked away. "He did not say a word, and look confused / scared of him made me realize that I do not have to worry that he will return," said Nuremberg. The blog is written: "look on his face immediate shame was Fraisls, Shbi was shocked and probably felt like an idiot. Uncle was all dressed in fancy, with a wine bottle and smelled of cologne. While away I said, 'But you smell great.
Compared to what the thief passed it, Nuremberg pretty forgiving: "He did not pickpocket me, did not do anything wrong with my phone, and I was 99% sure that the taxi driver - after writing to hours, did not see him as a criminal or dangerous, just useless. A

- Did not want to bring him to justice with the law?

"I do not think he deserves to go to jail or be fired just because he lost mobile saved, and tried to get a date with him stupidly. Received my phone back, that's all I wanted."



He also learned something about men and dating network. The thief did not show any signs of intelligence in his communication with Gonzalez: "He thought 24-year-old girl who lives alone invite a stranger to drink wine. He also believed the 'Jennifer' will not care From:" Hi picture that you see on my profile is not my picture is a picture of a friend. "
Nuremberg also provides that 'Jennifer' on messages received over thirty guys five hours that exist. "Women who face personal apology thief gained from Nuremberg, which later closed his profile; Gonzalez is still there, although the Nuremberg removed her profile photo (and wrote: "I apologize to the girl I used her picture.") what the lessons from the incident? "I'm not sure there's a lesson. I'm certainly not encouraging to confront the real criminals. I lock my phone and install security applications. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment